Saturday, July 14, 2007

July 12, 2007

Ugh...been a few days since I actually did the workout...let's see what I remember...

Bike
3 min warmup
3 min lvl 10
3 min lvl 20
3 min lvl 1

Weights
30 x 90 lbs Bench Press (full bar)
30 x 45 lbs Front Plate
30 x 35 lbs Bicep Curl (seated, per hand)
30 x 65 lbs Straight Arm Pulldowns
30 x 200 lbs Hamstrings
30 x 200 lbs Quads

I'm trying to perfect the bicep curl. For the last few weeks I was recording hammer curls. But what I was finding was that I really wasn't doing them right...I wasn't isolating my bicep...was more using myback and "swinging" the dumbell in my movements. Plus, I pulled a muscle in my neck doing one of them, so I knew I wasn't executing it properly.

So I've been trying to do a seated bicep curl, and its been a lot harder...so much that I dropped the weight to 35 from 40 lbs because when I isolate my biceps, they aren't as strong as when standing and using my body in orchestration with my arms.

So anyway, we'll see how the seated curls go.

D

No comments: